At Primary East, we believe good continuing professional development is central to securing effective teaching. However this is not achieved in isolation and works best when integrated with teachers supporting one another to develop. All our training opportunities are developed by practitioners who are currently working regularly in local schools. We offer a range of training opportunities in order to ensure a lasting impact on outcomes for children.
In line with the standards for professional development (July 2016) we:
- Are clear about the expected impact of the offer on teachers and children.
- Seek information about the participants' prior knowledge, experience and goals and use this in the design of their activities to secure progress.
- Provide tools that help the participants change their own practice and evaluate its impact.
- Are explicit about how and why practices are intended to work.
- Provide opportunities to draw out and constructively challenge participants' existing beliefs.
- Actively seek robust and independent evaluations of our programmes to demonstrate impact.
- Develop programs which allow multiple opportunities for teachers to practise.
- Support structured collaboration and discussion about the impact on children.
- Use our external perspective to challenge current orthodoxies, raise expectations and introduce evidence informed practices.
- Are explicit about the commitment required in order to make the sustained changes in practice.
- Support participants and their schools to sustain and embed change and link shorter activities with sustained programmes.
- Ensure that venues, rooms, refreshments do not detract from the achievement of professional development objectives.
Primary East offer a range of CPD sessions which are held at central locations although we do take our training out on the road and can deliver these sessions in your school, at a date and time that suits you! Just ask and we will see what we can do.
CPD Courses 2019/20
Here you will find the range of training opportunities;
- Whole days
- Half days
- Twilight Sessions
- Series of events
Contact Emma Thurlow via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The majority of our training can be offered in your own school at a time to suit you. If you would like all your staff to be part of what we are offering please do not hestitate to contact Emma Thurlow via email email@example.com
Primary East are happy to design programmes which meet your needs and priorities using our expertise to compliment your own. We aim to make this a cost effective way of training your staff which will have good impact on the identified needs.
Primary East uses high quality facilitators to run the training session however you can also buy and download the courses and deliver the sessions in house.
Feedback from some of our bespoke packages;
Engagement in writing to support good progress
- Very informative, useful and well delivered in a friendly manner
- Good use of sharing useful resources
- Inspirational and exciting, lots to think about
- Very inspiring, lots of links to additional materials
Effective Use of Support Staff
- Greater understanding of how we can work together to further pupil progress
- Great discussion
- Have been able to discuss problems openly with teachers and feel we have come to some good decisions